My blog is called "Creative Smiles" because my designs are the result of incorporating mistakes. With fumble fingers that drop whatever they are holding - repeatedly, it takes a lot of giggles, smiles and creative patience during my crafting process. xx

Thursday, September 08, 2016

Important: Is Your Blog Mobile Friendly?

Hi! BloggerStop.Net recently posted excellent advice about preparing our blogs and websites to be mobile friendly (regardless of format Blogger, Typepad, Wordpress, etc).

The Google Test Site tests all pages and all Blogs.

Click here, or go to https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/ to test your blog or webpage. 

Visit this BloggerSpot.Net message to read more about our changing global marketplace, how our blogs and websites are being viewed and catalogued by search engines. Test yours easily and for free!


Sometimes the older version templates on blogs (especially some of the "cute" sites), cause lengthy delays or jumping around while they adapt to the tablets and phones being used to view them. So it may be time to change the template on our blogs in some cases.

I have noticed a few of my friends' blogs bring up a non-mobile ready website with tiny words on it when viewing from my tablet or phone. This makes reading and leaving comments difficult.

By using the highlighted link above, you'll know if your blog passes the test. I found using the highlighted link was all I needed to do - so probably that will be sufficient for all my blogging buddies as well!

blogging hugs from your cracked egg buddy,



19 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Thanks for the link to check this my friend! :) I have checked and it says that my blog IS mobile friendly! Yay!! Hope you have a great day! HUGS

Lisa said...

I'm sure mine isn't user friendly since I did so much tweaking to my blog. But that took me so long to do, I don't have the energy to check. I'm so mad at blogger anyway. I am still having the problem of not being able to follow blogs. I'm glad it's fixed for you. If it's not one problem with blogger, it's another. I still don't get all of the email notices when people comment on my blog. I don't even know they've left messages unless I actually go to my blog and read the comments, and I don't always do that. It's such a huge pain. I contacted blogger about two years ago with the problem and they still haven't fixed it. Anyway, thanks for the info my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

craftieodmae said...

thanks for the link, mine is...............

Darlene said...

I just ran the test on mine ... ALL SYSTEMS GO!! Thanks

Verna Angerhofer said...

Thanks for the information. I checked mine out and mine is mobile ready and it was called Awesome! LOL

Jackie T said...

Thank you Donna I have tested mine and it came out awesome. Hugs Jackie

KT Fit Kitty said...

It said my blog is awesome so that just made my day! Thanks for the info, Donna! You are a Blogger guru!

Sue from Oregon said...

Thanks Donna...mine checked out dandy!

Olga Fink said...

Thank you Donna for your tips! mine works good!
xoxo Olga

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Hi Donna. Thanks so much for dropping by my blog. I am a follower and it looks like my name is still there. I like that they now have unfollow if you are a follower; so you know instead of having to search for your name. Thanks for the link to check out my blog to see if it is mobile friendly. I wasn't aware of this. Have a wonderful day! Hugs, Gloria

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Leslie Miller said...

Yay, I'm mobile friendly! Thanks, Donna!

MaryH said...

Thanks for this info. I did the check, and 'think' I'm ok. Appreciate your expertise in this matter. Off to enjoy your recent card, and got a chuckle from Dilbert. I can identify with his tirade, as I usually feel that way myself, if my computer has been worked on! Happy Saturday evening. TFS & Hugs

Jean Bullock said...

Woohoo, my neglected blog is mobile friendly.

Conniecrafter said...

I only look at blogs through my computer so I didn't have any idea about this but I did check and it looks good, Thanks :)

Dr Sonia S V said...

Love the technical posts you share Donna. Thank you so much
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Sandy (Cheesy) said...

You are such a techie compared to me. I can hardly remember what to do online if I haven't done the same thing in awhile. Thanks for sharing all your knowledge.

Christina Hor said...

Oh thanks for sharing the link Donna. Mine is mobile friendly. Yay! Now if only I can get my template to be screen width. Hmmm. Don't know what went wrong with my coding. But thanks for sharing again Donna. Hugs.

Delfina Moretta said...

Hi Donna. Thank you for the link... I am visiting your blog and I like it. Hugs

Lisca said...

Thank you so much for the link. I ran it and it seems my blog is mobile friendly.
The Google changes didn't effect me.
I now blog on my desktop as I have problems on my ipad and my iphone. Blogger doesn't seem to like these formats. Do you know if others are able to use Blogger from their ipads?
Ex- WOYWW-er,
Lisca